Items Don’t Break Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 is a small client-side mod that helps prevent using items beyond repair. NOTE: No this doesn’t allow you to repair items infinitely, nor does it give them infinite durability. See the feature list below.
The mod consists of three features:
- It shows the approximate number of uses in the item’s tooltip
It shows the approximate remaining uses on the screen (to avoid spam, it will only show if the durability is <= 10 and the remaining uses are <= 20)
It prevents using the item to mine or attack when the durability is at 1
Can be bypassed by holding down the control key (meta on macs). Yes, the same one used to sprint, this is intentional.
How to install mod with forge:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.